I decided to look into alternative to Amazon affiliate program articles when I was reviewing the best Google AdSense alternative post that I made a while back. I added links to 2 sites that were both pretty well known but I was not sure which of the 2 was really the best as I have only tested out one of them for myself and not to any large extent as I find I am more targeted in general with my sites than to use a shotgun linking program. Skimlinks was the one that I had come across from Sara Youngs Easy Paycheck formula course, (Find out more about that in these Easy Paycheck Formula reviews) the other was Viglink. It seems to me that the only people who really need these programs are those banned from Google or Amazon due to location, (Nexus laws) because they have been naughty or perhaps they just want to add an additional income stream to see if it will better their earnings if used in tandem with the big players. Anyway, without further ado, here are some bits from the best Skimlinks vs Viglink reviews I looked at to find out what the general concencus (if any) is towards which of the 2 is the best alternative to Amazon associates.
Viglink Vs Skimlinks Reviews
The first review comes from PerformInsider.com and clearly sides with Skimlinks for the following reasons:
- Skimlinks will be launching in the next year their 10th version of the technology. They are constantly revamping their technology and this is important, especially with changing content rules from Google. These guys aren’t playing catch up, but instead are a head of the curve on these issues. Unfortunately, when you are the leader and have the cash on hand, your technology will always be better than any bootstrapped companies that are trying to invade your space.
- Better Payments. Again, it’s important to note that the longer you are business, the better connections you have. The better connection… the better volume and the better payouts. With 30-800% better payments for advertisers, there is no reason to be with someone smaller. That 33% can make a huge difference in your site, and at 800% there is no reason not to take the advantage of money.
- 50+ employees with dedicated publisher staff. Again, this is a real operation that has proven itself over and over again to be a long-lasting company. With all the payment problems in the industry, you need to make sure if you are going to trust a company that they will actually be around to pay you.
- All the major sites and brands use them. Frankly, when all the major publishing companies prefer any company than a competitor, you need to pay attention. Any major magazine, blog, publishing network that has content monetization seems to be with Skimlinks. I can’t find an example otherwise.
- Easy to install, easy to use. While some companies take advantage of their amazing APIs, and the other advanced technology, it actually only takes a simple cut and paste to use the Skimlinks technology for most publishers. This is very important if you are a blogger that just needs to make more money but doesn’t have a tech person to figure all the other stuff.
Source: http://performinsider.com/2013/06/skimlinks-beats-viglink-in-knock-out-comparison/ 2nd we have a video review which shows a side by side comparison between Skimlinks and Viglink.
- Viglink has fewer options in their publisher control panel. Things like page link density, which Skimlinks offers, is missing as an option. This means your page can be covered in links if you mention Amazon or Ebay repeatedly.
- Viglink offers a merchant checker service if you already have a merchant in mind to check. I could not find a Viglink merchant list anywhere on the site.
- Merchant Commission rates are NOT shown explicitly anywhere. This is huge, you don’t know what you’re getting. Skimlinks offers a “browse Merchants” option once signed up, this Skimlink merchants list shows commission rates clearly displayed.
- Skimlinks offers more reports than Viglinks.
Source: http://nerdr.com/viglink-review/ Hopefully these points will help you to make a more educated decision on which to choose for your personal circumstances. Personally, my initial preference after looking into the back end of both programs is Viglink for these reasons: I found Amazon.com listed in their merchants and I could also see commission rates for each merchant along with a link to their offers. This isn’t the be all and end all of course, without testing there is no sure fire way of knowing which works best and likely it would also differ across different websites. You can find out more about each of the 2 programs in more detail by visiting the respective link below: Viglink Skimlinks Do you have any preference or experience yourself on Skimlinks vs Viglinks or perhaps know of other Amazon associates alternatives? Let me know in the comments section below.